Friday, January 2, 2015

Mid-year Crisis

So here we are, at the halfway point of the year and this project. After this week we have to blog every Friday instead of every other and I have no idea what I’m going to do. When I chose my topic I did not really know much about feminism but from the outside it looked interesting and something I believed in. Now, two months in, I’m having a mid-project crisis.

I do not think I believe in feminism or really support it, but I am thinking about using that standpoint. I might switch to sort of why our society does not need this push for equal rights between men and women. We already mostly have it. I have also given up on starting this project over because I cannot think of a new topic and I have already put a lot of effort into this one. I have to choose what I’m going to do because I need to find people to talk to and something in the community to do, so hopefully I can figure this out soon.  

This is an article that explains the good and bad of modern day feminism: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-consumericus/200908/the-pros-and-cons-feminism

1 comment:

  1. Do not quit, look at the division of small business started by women in the community. Look at generational gaps--do they see us as losing our femininity? Are we? Then why do we still wear make-up? Why does your picture of feminism-where she looks like a silhouette of a 007 agent still curvy and speaks of sexuality? Is that a power?

    ReplyDelete