Friday, February 6, 2015

Project Direction

This project and my anxiety have an inverse relationship. As the deadline for this project comes closer and closer, my anxiety over the presentation is raising higher and higher. I have finally gotten over the doubts of my topic, but now I’m moving into the stress over what I’m going to have to say. It seem like everyday I have a different idea on how my presentation could go, but I think I have finally found a winner.

When I am researching and looking for things on feminism, I am drawn to the stories about women in foreign countries. To me, their lives are so much different than ours and they are normally different in the worst ways. It does not seem fair that women, and people in general, in America can complain about their almost superficial, social level problems, when women in other countries cannot even leave the house by themselves or have a right to an education.


So that is what I’m going to focus on. I think I am going to look at the rights and cultures of other countries (mostly 3rd world, or high poverty), and see how they differ from America. In my presentation, I am going to pretend I am a women from each country and show how my life would be different. Somehow I am going to see if there is a way that I can potentially help the women I am researching. If I could do that, I would consider my project a success.

This is essentially the direction I want to go in. Now that I have decided, I can really work on my weekly blogs and continue on with everything.  

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be amazing. You will show what women go through, what they stand up for, what is feminism, and how we even changed over the years. But look what they are fighting for today, things we never think of. Do they get our support?

    ReplyDelete